Position Announcement: Facilities Coordinator
The Facilities Coordinator is a part-time position, averaging 20 hours per week annually. Annual compensation is $13,500 to $16,000, depending on experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email by August 4, 2017 to The Rev. Bart Smith at email@example.com. Please enter “Facilities Coordinator” in the subject line.
Summary: The Facilities Coordinator oversees the maintenance, operation, and scheduling of use, by the congregation, community groups and tenant organizations, of the physical campus and grounds of St. Mark’s Presbyterian Church.
- Oversees church facilities, including the Mt. Lemmon cabin – identifies and arranges for needed maintenance and repairs.
- Schedules use of church facilities, approves room rentals & fee collection.
- Arranges for event/meeting setups.
- Manages landscaper, cleaning service and other vendors.
- Maintains inventories of supplies needed for church maintenance.
- Coordinates handyman tasks such as basic plumbing and electrical projects, painting, replacing door knobs, changing light bulbs, cleaning or changing HVAC filters, troubleshooting irrigation systems etc.
- Participates on Buildings and Grounds committee.
- Assists the Church Administrator when needed.
The Facilities Coordinator must have excellent people skills, including written and oral communication and computer skills. Professional and/or personal facility management experience, basic handyman skills preferred, proven organizational abilities and attention to detail, demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and complete tasks in a timely manner. Must be able to pass a background check.